Saudization and Social Contribution
The company is of the belief that Saudization is a strategic option and a national requirement of special significance. The company therefore endeavors its best efforts to achieve this objective. During the past year, the company achieved a Saudization ratio of about 45% which is deemed to be one of the highest ratios in the retail sector.
It is the policy of the company to work according to a program that provides job opportunities plus support and training of Saudi cadres in the management of the company. The Human Resources management also introduces and discusses strategies with the company’s management on training programs for the professional development and career path of employees.
During the previous year, the company’s efforts towards this objective were represented in the following ways:
- Provision of programs to develop and qualify Saudi staff nominated for leadership positions including:
- Qualification and guidance programs:
Each year some Saudi staff shall be nominated and selected to join the qualification program with one of the company’s executive managers, through which the nominated employee will obtain an opportunity to acquire skills and practical experience from them.
- Study scholarship programs:
Each year selected Saudi staff will be nominated to complete their studies at the company’s cost.
- Program of working outside Saudi Arabia:
The Saudi employee will obtain an opportunity to be nominated and selected for secondment to work in one of the company’s branches outside Saudi Arabia for a specified period during which he will acquire more experience.
- Qualification and guidance programs:
- Development of Saudi staff performance (sellers and cashiers) by training them on a special program for showroom managers, which focuses on the development of the following skills:
- Customer service
- Showroom operations management
- Cash operations management
- Achievement of targeted sales
- Review of showroom operations
- Visual display
- Basics of employee affairs
- Leadership skills
- Performance development of Saudi employees (showroom managers) by training them on a training program specially designed for mall managers and regional managers.
- Agreement and cooperation with a number of centers and departments in the area of Saudi employment in some of the cities in Saudi Arabia, including:
- Chamber of Commerce
- Labor Office
- Various charity associations
- Participation in many social activities, including:
- National Women Labor Employment program
- Participation in “Taqat” program in the cities of Riyadh, Dammam and Jeddah in cooperation with the Ministry of Labor.
- Training contracts ending with employment under the supervision of the Social Charity Fund and the Ministry of Social Affairs and in cooperation with the International Center for the Preparation of Leaders in the citiesof Riyadh, Jeddah, Mecca, Ihsa, Jizan and Abha.
- Training contracts ending with employment under the supervision of the Social Charity Fund and the Ministry of Social Affairs and in cooperation with the Consul Training Academy for jobs for women in women’s accessories stores in the cities of Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam.
- Nahdha Women’s Charity Association in respect of employment and training women in stores and administrative positions, as well as organization of many field training programs in stores in cooperation with the association and participation in the open employment day for the disabled in cooperation with the association.
- Continuous cooperation in programs for direct employment and recruitment in all regions.
- Organization of regular campaigns with the King Faisal Specialized Hospital for employees to donate blood.
- Programs of attraction, open employment days and workshops throughout the year in cooperation with the Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Jizan and Abha regions.
- Public Administration Institute (men’s section) – Riyadh: participation in and gold sponsorship of the 17th Graduate and Job Day for 2013, training programs for students of the institute before graduation and attraction of graduates of the institute to administrative positions.
- Human Resources Development Fund: signing a global agreement of training ending with employment. Attraction of job applicants in cooperation with the fund’s offices in all regions.
- Participation in workshops organized by the Ministry of Labor to provide female staff to women’s accessories stores in Jeddah, Riyadh and Dammam.
- Public Administration Institute (women’s section) – Riyadh: participation and key sponsorship of the Graduate and Job day, a training program for trainees of the institute before graduation and attraction of graduates of the institute to administrative and sales positions.
- King Saud University (women’s section) – Riyadh: participation in the Graduate and Job day for 2013.
- Cooperative training with King Saud University, Princess Nora bint Abdulrahman University and AlFaisal Academy.
- Participation with Technology College in partial employment at the end of each semester.
- Participation and gold sponsorship in the Employment and Recruitment Forum organized by International Al Rammah Company for Advertisement and Publishing – women’s section – for 2013.
- Participation with “Taqat” Center to provide and receive job applicants registered in the “Hafiz” Program.
- Participation in employment in the women’s section of Nitaqat held at Riyadh exhibitions.
- The company was awarded the 2013 Prize forBest Employment for the Second Consecutive Year by the Public Administration Institute – women’s section.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from the Public Administration Institute – women’s section 2013.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from the Public Administration Institute – men’s section 2013.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from the Chamber of Commerce 2013.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from Princess Nora University 2013.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from King Saud University – women’s section 2013.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 2013.
- The company obtained a shield and acknowledgement letter from Technology College, Dammam 2013.